About The Maylon House
In 1917, Dr. Lon Morrison, a successful physician in the town of Hurricane, WV, decided to move his thriving practice a few miles down the road to the small town of Milton.
Within a few years of establishing his office on Main Street in Milton, Dr. Morrison and his wife, Hattie May, built a grand two-story brick home. They moved in their new home in 1923, with Dr. Morrison using the small room off the east side of the house to tend to many throughout the local community. The house was affectionately referred to as Maylon by three generations of the Morrison family, combining Mrs. Morrison's middle name and Dr. Morrison's first name.
The home stayed in the Morrison family until 1999, when it was sold to Mary Price Ratrie, a WV businesswoman, who converted the grounds to a garden center known as TerraSalis. Upon Mrs. Ratrie's passing, the home and surrounding grounds were put up for sale.
In December 2011, the property was acquired by the current owners, Cathy Daniel and Jenny Thompson of C & J Events. After learning the history of this majestic home and its gardens, the new owners knew that this place was meant to have its original name. From its conception in 1923, The Maylon House has always been destined to serve communities, both near and far.
Where events are made into memorable affairs...